Download Microsoft Xbox 360 Firmware 2.0.17489.0 USB File. OS support: Windows (all). Category: System Updates.
- Minor bug fixes and improvements
If you cannot connect your Xbox 360 console to the Internet, you can copy the console update from your computer to a USB flash drive and then install it on the console.
The USB flash drive must use the FAT32 file system. For information about how to format a USB flash drive, see the “Format a USB flash drive” section of Xbox 360 USB flash drive support.
- Plug your USB flash drive into a USB port on your computer.
- Download the update file.
- Click Save to save the console update .zip file on your computer.
- Unzip the file. If you are using Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7, double-click the .zip file to unzip it.
- Copy the contents of the .zip file to the root directory of your USB flash drive (for example, E:). Do not copy the contents to another folder on the USB flash drive (for example, E:Files).
- Unplug the USB flash drive from your computer.
- Plug the flash drive into a USB port on your Xbox 360 console.
- Restart the console.
- When the console restarts, the installation program starts automatically. Select Yes when you are prompted to update the new console software.
Upgrading the firmware version on your gaming console might enhance the unit’s overall performance and stability, include workarounds for various issues, and improve different features (or add support for new ones).
In addition to that, if you have updated the firmware and it either faulty or has caused a drop in the overall performance of the device, applying a previous version is handy as regards recovering the console’s functionality. On the downside, downgrading the firmware isn’t always possible.
When it comes to applying a certain firmware, as this process is not without risks most of the times, it is recommended that this task be initiated by a power user in a steady power environment, such as the one provided by a UPS unit. However, the installation can also be performed by a regular user at their own risk.
As for the installation method, given the large variety of gaming consoles and the various ways for applying a firmware, before even considering an upgrade or a downgrade, it’s best that you carefully read and understand the installation steps, and initiate the process only once you have familiarized yourself with the update method.
That being said, if you have duly considered all these aspects, either click on the download button to get the present release, or check with our website as often as possible to find out first when the firmware that you desire is available.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed an incorrect or mismatched driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.